Saturday 14 February 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I stayed up late Thursday night to finish making matching dresses for the girls to wear to school on Friday, as they had Valentine's Day activities. Unfortunately, Isabella awoke with a cold and was too sick to go. She still wore her dress that day. Here are the girls Friday morning wearing their matching dresses. The dresses are from the pattern Farbenmix Olivia, sizes 5/6 and 9/10. The leggings are Jalie 2444, sizes 5 and 8.

I lined the dresses in plain white jersey because the heart fabric was extremely thin. I added 1 full inch in hem length so I could make a 1 inch hem. I find the wider the hem, the less likely it is to flip up. I also removed 1 inch from the sleeve length. I hemmed the sleeves a full inch, too. I added sew-in interfacing to the top shoulder seam to stabilize it. I top-stitched the neckline down to have added strength to hood/neck seam.



1 comments:

anita said...

Truly fabulous! You are amazing.
Too bad Isabella was sick - not surprising though. So much going around right now!
It was wonderful to see all of you last week-end. What fun!
Hugs to all,
Anita