Sunday 29 March 2009

My personal dummy - Part two

Okay, don't laugh. It's not the most flattering getting this done, you know. But, I figure if I can post my very round self all taped up, it might help someone else.

It took about 3 hours to tape me up. The crotch was awkward as was under the arms. I also had to add extra tape after I was out of it to the breast area. I think if I had to do this another time, I would add one more layer to that area before being cut out. I used one layer of duct tape, one layer of sheetrock tape (which isn't very sticky, btw), and then another layer of duct tape. Then next step is to fill it with foam. I will be doing this in layers.

So, without futher ado, here I am.

[picture removed]

4 comments:

luckylibbet said...

Wow you are so brave! Your dummy looks fabulous so far, I've bookmarked this to check back on progress.

(Directed here from your post on PatternReview)

mitch1066 said...

Very brave!!I like the fact that you did a full arm and the legs.I don't know if i have the patience to do this(i'd probably need to pee at just the wrong time)I wish someone would make a kit of some kind to make one.

Cisa said...

I just did this recently and I couldn't believe how exhausting it was just standing there to get taped. It's looking great! Keep up the good work

Aida said...

i wanted to try something like that but i thought i probably need $50 worth of duct tape and a babysitter..lol