Tuesday 9 June 2009

I'm an old punk rocker

It's been 9(!) years since I was last at a concert. How time flies. Well, last Saturday night, Joel and I went to see Rancid and Rise Against at Rexall Place. WOW! I just loved it and I had a stupid, silly grin plastered on my face the whole time Rancid was on stage. LOL

I love Rancid but I have never seen them live. I've seen The Clash, Dead Kennedys, DOA, but those were all in my youth. I'm still a fan of punk and have numerous Punk-O-Rama CDs, Pennywise, The Transplants, etc but concerts fell to the wayside. However, as the kids are accepting having a babysitter, I think Joel and I will be going to more concerts again. Too bad we can't see more this summer because it is basically a punk summer here in Edmonton. Green Day, Bad Religion, Social Distortion, The Offspring, Blink 182. /wistful

Anyway, I have a few pics and videos from Saturday. Here is Tim Armstrong from Rancid and a stage picture of Rise Against.





The videos have extremely poor sound so you might want to turn the volume down a bit. Sorry about that.





0 comments: