Sunday 27 July 2014

The Garden is a Time Vacuum

I went to the garden early this afternoon with the intention of just thinning the beets.  HA!  Then I noticed that the second planting of lettuce needing thinning, too.  Plus, the beans needed staking because the wind storm from a couple of days ago knocked them over some.  Then, the peas needed weeding and the rhubarb needed cutting back because the young pea plants weren't getting the sun because of the rhubarb plants.

I had every intention of processing the Saskatoon berries today, but it wasn't going to happen.  I had all this garden stuff that needed my attention.

So, I ended up with:
  • 3/4 of a large Ziploc bag of trimmed frozen green beans
  • 5 ice-cube trays of Beet/Pecan Pesto
  • 1 extra-large container of cleaned lettuce greens
  • 1 extra-large container of cleaned beets
  • 5 litres of rhubarb juice (making it into syrup tomorrow)
 All that's left to do now is to clean up the kitchen.  My least favourite part.

I'll try an remember to take a picture after the clean-up.





0 comments: