Monday 28 July 2008

Pants for Katerina

I finished these on the 17th but I haven't had time to post them here. The pattern used is Jalie 968, size 8. The colour of the corduroy is actually a lovely wine purple.

I had a bit of trouble with the buttonhole because I had sewn the belt loop on first and it kept getting in the way. I eventually tacked the belt loop down with some hockey tape (the Canadian staple) and then it was nice and smooth.

The pattern is a really good fit. She has growing room (done on purpose). The leg is a straight leg, boot cut. I know the style is more towards skinny leg now, but I don't want to put that style on her as I think she is too young (6 yo). This is a good compromise, I think.

I will say that the construction order for these Jalie pants are a hell of a lot better than the Ottobre pants I made Joshua. I will be following Jalie's instructions next time, instead.



Here is a closeup of the front of the pants:


Here is a closeup of the back of the pants. The belt loops look like they aren't aligned properly but they are (weird angle, I guess):


1 comments:

Diario de Elysia said...

Love the pants. The color is gorgeous.

-Elysia aka chupa