Saturday, 21 June 2008

First of the Back-to-school clothes

This is a pair of cords for Joshua. The pattern is Burda 9860, size 7. The following picture is the detail top-stitching on the back.

This pattern took a little while to sew. There is quite a bit of detail and I added even more. I also made the waist an adjustable waist so that required adding buttonholes and buttons to accommodate the buttonhole elastic.

The pants have a little growing room but not too much, so I need to start making size 8 for Joshua. This pattern is definitely true-to-size. I'm going to try a different pattern for the next pair.

UPDATE: Here he is wearing them.