Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Swimsuit #2 for Isabella

This swimsuit is a combination of two patterns. The blue part of the top is Kwik Sew 2422. The pink part of the top and the bottoms are Kwik Sew 3605.

I had a remnant left of the blue fabric from a gymnastics leotard I had made for Katerina a couple of years ago. There wasn't enough left for the whole swimsuit so I added the matching pink.

I'm not too keen on bikinis on children so I wanted to make her a tankini. Unfortunately, the Kwik Sew tankini pattern had a bra-style top, which, again, I'm not too fond of on children. Hence, the different combination of patterns.

Although I like the tankini, I think it would have looked better if I had reversed the pink and blue in the top.